Sunday, February 21, 2016

Lovebirds Valentine Dinner ~ 2015

Happy Valentine's Day! ❤️ ...from 2015! 
Before I post the pictures of this year's Valentine's Day Dinner, I would love to show you what we did last year!


I've never been into the over-the-top, red, hot pink and purple valentines day thing, but I do enjoy a romantic dinner and time with my Love, Jon. 

This was the second year I headed up the Valentines Day dinner at my church, but I knew it would have to be different. My first year doing this, I made all the food, but since I was preggers and was getting tired very easily, not to mention the too often Braxton Hicks contractions...So, when hiring a caterer proved fruitless (the 2 in Kenai were booked, plus too expensive!), a great friend stepped up and volunteered to take care of the entire meal! Thanks Alicia!! 😄

She made a very delicious meal of egg rolls, cheese won tons, egg drop soup, and chicken on a bed of rice. It was a tasty and relaxing dinner!

Our desserts were the work of several hands as well, although I think the chocolate covered strawberries from Sarah were the favorite! ;) We also had peanut butter cookies, gluten-free brownies, chocolate pretzel melts, and chocolate & vanilla heart brownies. I made a white chocolate cake and chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. There were so many delicious sweets to celebrate a sweet day! ;) Thank you to everyone who contributed!!

 

 I LOVE to decorate and set up for parties, and this was no exception! We used our wonderful tablecloths sewn by Sharon. Each table setting had a brown baggie filled with games and goodies!


The table centerpieces were clipped roses in miniature birdcages, green trees topped with hearts, and lovebirds salt and pepper shakers. These were given away at the end of the night to the ladies!



The dessert table laden with goodies!!



There were several games and activities planned for the night, including writing Valentine's Day cards and Tic-Tac-Toe!



We had an AWESOME group of teen helpers who made the night possible! (not all are pictured because some were still working) THANK YOU for all your hard work!


There was a group of ladies who's husbands were unable to attend, due to work schedules, etc, but they still had a wonderful time!


And a big shout out to Angela for taking all the amazing photos! You always do a splendid job!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!


(Be looking forward to this year's Valentine's Day Dinner, hopefully recipes and downloads for anyone wanting to use these ideas!)


1 comment: