Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blueberry Scones!

Living in Alaska, we don't have a lot of fresh fruit and what we do get is super expensive and doesn't taste like it did in California. So we use frozen fruits quite frequently. I went through a smoothie a day faze but it's too cold for that right now. My most recent craze is for Blueberry Scones! 

Everyone who has tasted these scones, LOVE them! Because of the big, juicy blueberries, these scones aren't dry. They are also a great breakfast food and, I like to think, healthy! (I believe in eating yummy food but moderation is key!)

Blueberry Scones
3/4 c Heavy Cream
1 Egg
2 c Flour
1/4 c Sugar
2 ts Baking Powder
1/2 ts Salt
6 TB Cold Butter (cut into 6 pieces)
1 c Frozen Blueberries 

1. Whisk wet ingredients in a large bowl. 
2. Mix dry ingredients and butter in a food processor until well blended. 


3. Add dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients and fold in, along with the blueberries!
4. Place on a cookie sheet, divide in half equally, and press into shape. 


5. Cut into 8 pieces, like a pizza, and separate
   *OR*
Wrap in plastic wrap and Freeze! (Great way to store it, save it for breakfast, gift, etc. I like freezing it because it cuts better.)


6. Bake 15-17 min at 400' and enjoy!! You can also sprinkle with sugar if you want sweeter scones. 

Happy Baking!! 😄

21 comments:

  1. Thank you to my awesome sister Christine for coming over for a week in a half and helped me! She was the hand model in my post!

    ReplyDelete