Saturday, February 6, 2016

Am I famous? ;)

Back in high school, my best friend Stephanie and I made plans. We decided, that if either of us ever became famous, we would need to start practicing our autographs! So, in our sophomore biology class, we would run to each other and say, "Oh my! Are you Stephanie?!" or "Wow! You're Rebecca!" And then we would sign our name as messily fancy as we could.

All our practice has not paid off yet. Also, add to that a name change in 2012. (:* Love you Jon!) But I did feel special when I was recently interviewed for the Spinning Pen, a blog debuting new and unpublished authors!

Here is a sneak peek!

SP: Who are you?
Hello! My name is Rebecca Henry. I grew up in Southern California, with a lot of sisters and a big backyard, perfect for acting out the stories we made up! I began writing down my stories soon after I discovered my older sister had her own writing journal. When I turned six and the question was put before me, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” I answered with conviction, “A teacher, mom and writer.” Through the unpredictability of a child, teen and college student, those three remained constant and describe who I am now.

SP: Best writing scenario?
The “Write” Setting: I cozy up with my computer and a bowl of popcorn to sneak some words in when my adventurous boys are finally sleeping and the world is quiet. This way, I can hear my characters as they make their way from my mind to my fingertips and on to the page.

For my full interview, check it out at:
http://thespinningpen.com/2016/02/05/friday-feature-2/

Thanks and have a beautiful day!
~ Rebecca Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment