Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Jeremiah's Frog Baby Shower

With so many baby boys being born at church, we celebrated with another baby shower! Jeremiah was born March 23. His baby shower theme was frogs!


I decorated in green, with some blue. I found some awesome chevron fabric for cheap at Walmart for the backdrop and plan on using them again as curtains for Ben's room when we get a house. 
The reeds were dry decorating flowers and grass. 
I used scrapbook paper to make Jeremiah's name and taped it to a frame with ribbons. 
The decor hanging off the table was the clear plastic toys kids can paint. Those were also a gift for Jeremiah's older brother and sister. 


It's kinda hard to see the ceiling but I hubg two stuffed animal frogs upside down and looped green crepe paper behind them to look like they were hopping. The table decor was a big hit with the kids and men! Some even had frog races. I bought green kool aid mix to look like pond water but the taste was awful! It tasted like liquid jolly ranchers...way too sweet! 


I love having potlucks because there are so many different types of food and I can focus on dessert. (I don't like cooking...but I love baking sweets!) 
Since Jeremiah is the fourth child, his mom said all she needed were diapers. We had a diaper raffle and prizes! 


For the kids, I bought bubbles and set up a game where they threw "flies" at the frogs. If a raisin landed on a frog, they got to eat it! Both activities kept the kids entertained, but there were raisins and bubble juice 😋 everywhere! 


Lastly are the desserts! The cupcakes are chocolate with mint buttercream frosting and chocolate flies. I don't like mint but these cupcakes turned out delicious! Sadly the Swedish fish in the green jello list all it's color but the kids still ate them! My favorite part was the cake!!


I knew I wanted to make a small cake baby Jeremiah's family could take home but I didn't have the right cake pan. But guess what works? A glass Pyrex dish! 
The cake is chocolate with lemonade buttercream tinted with blue food coloring. The grass, flowers, and lily pad are chocolate. The hardest part was making the baby frog. I used Wilton's 3D Edible Modeling Clay. It starts off really really hard but I had to knead it for half an hour to get it to mold right. After added green food coloring, I molded the body, arms, legs and head separately and then stuck them on by moistening the ends with little bit of water. 

🎂 I would like to end this post with a delicious cake announcement! Since I love baking...and decorating...I am considering starting a hobby business making baked goods. I don't know if this is just a phase that will fade out or if it is something I would enjoy doing as a real business. So, for friends on the Kenai Peninsula, just let me know if you would like me to make a cake or cupcakes for any event you have! Please let me know at least a week before you need it and what flavor & filling you would like. The only cost will be for the supplies. (We'll see who actually reads my blog, lol!) 🍰

15 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous idea!! The frog theme was really, really cute . . . I love the cake, too :)
    Sparky

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake came out super cute! I think it's a good idea to start making them, you're good at it :)

    ReplyDelete