Monday, February 22, 2016

Caleb's Airplane Birthday Party

What can be better than a moist cupcake, sweet but not overpowering frosting, or a crunch of chocolate? Putting all three together for a tasty mouthful, of course!

 This cupcake cake was for Caleb's 2nd birthday party at the pool! I opted for making cupcakes versus a sheet cake for the ease of just passing them out the kids instead of cutting a cake, providing plates, forks, etc. It made everything so much easier! After singing "Happy Birthday", the kids grabbed a cupcake, devoured it and jumped in the pool. 

Each child also enjoyed some of the chocolate decorations. I do not like fondant, ugh the taste and working with it...so I choose to work with the colored melting chocolates! I traced an airplane cookie cutter onto wax paper and outlined it with melted red chocolate. When it was cooled, I placed them on the cupcakes. I also made several small "clouds" with white chocolate. They were a delicious tidbit of sweetness and crunch to add, not to mention adorably cute! :P

I also made a small cake that the family could take home and enjoy together after the event, with a layer of strawberry filling!  (I will share how to make your own jelly filling in a future post!) ENJOY!


Now for the recipes! I've shared them on different blog posts before, but I will share them again on this page because I like them so much and it will be simpler to just come to one place for my favorite recipes! (I cannot claim credit for this recipe since I found it on Pinterest.)

 WHITE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
1 Box Betty Crocker White Cake Mix
1 - 3.4oz. package White Chocolate Instant Pudding
4 Egg Whites
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Sea Salt

 Preheat oven to 375' F. 
Beat all ingredients together until smooth. 
Line cupcake pan with liners and place a medium scoop in each cup, about 2/3 full of batter. 
After placing them in the oven, turn down to 325' F. (This helps them rise fluffy!)
Bake cupcakes for 18-20 minutes and test with a toothpick when done. 

DELICIOUS FROSTING
1 Qt Heavy Whipping Cream
1 - 3.4 oz. package of White Chocolate Instant Pudding 

Whisk ingredients together until smooth.
Chill in the refrigerator for several hours.   
**This is important! The frosting will not keep its shape if it is not cold. FYI: This is a creamy frosting and not the easiest to decorate with. 

Top cupcakes and cake with and design/shapes made with melted chocolate! 










No comments:

Post a Comment