Friday, March 14, 2014

Birthday Parties!

It's my mom's and mother-in-law's birthdays this week so we flew down to California to celebrate with them and give them what they really want...snuggle time with Ben! 
Everyone, not just the grandmas, enjoy playing with Benny boy! He is going to be so spoiled by the time we leave! I blame them entirely! Lol! 



For my mom's birthday, we went out to eat at her favorite restaurant, a Thai food place called Siam Garden! It was delicious!!


Then we went back home for dessert!
I made a chocolate cake with strawberry and banana filling. The frosting was mixed cool whip and Nutella! I decorated the top with white melting chocolate. 



The 2nd dessert was my version of Strawberry Shortcake, except I used strawberry cake mix instead of Angel Food cake (which I regret, but I didn't want to go to the store for a box of cake mix so I used what we had at the house. I know, I'm lazy.) I also used some of the extra chocolate hearts leftover from the cake. 


To make the best Strawberry Shortcake:
1. Make Angel Food Cake cupcakes!
2. Chop fresh strawberries and mix with cool whip/whip cream in a bowl. 
3. Layer strawberry/whip cream mixture, cupcake, a swirl of whip cream, and a heart-shaped strawberry in a clear cup. 4. Yummy! 

After dessert, my mom opened her presents and Ben tried to help! 


It was a great evening! Happy Birthday Mom! 

On Saturday we celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday! For lunch we had pizza at my in-laws favorite place, then we went to the beach and had a relaxing time! 


Ben did better than I expected with the sand and loved walking on the beach (as long as the water wasn't higher than his itty-bitty ankles)!


 We collected shells and fed the sea gulls then had a delicious but, oh so unhealthy, fish 'n chips dinner! Before we left, grandpa bought 2 Shark Attack slices. It's a delicious 7-layer chocolate cake. It's one of Jon's and Jera's favorite desserts. (Someday I'll get the recipe right and share it!)


Have a great day!!! And enjoy the sun and outdoors (if you live somewhere that you can)!

No comments:

Post a Comment