Friday, March 30, 2018

Hedgehog Baby Shower

In my last post about party planning, I shared a guideline and an example of my plans for a hedgehog themed baby shower. A couple of days ago, I held that party in my home.
As we all know plans and real life have their differences and this party was no exception, with it’s odd little quirks and overlooked details. I’m still ironing out the process, but...oh my word!...writing everything down in my guideline format helped so much! The day went by much smoother, partly due to a friend babysitting my three little musketeers, but mainly because I had a plan and knew what to expect. When I normally would’ve panicked at finding the 20lb bag I was going to use for baked potatoes had gone soft and were too small, I just set them aside and made a quick trip to the store to get large and fresh potatoes. Everything from there went smoothly and I was prepared before the first guests arrived. (That's when I realized one little detail I forgot: to dip cream puffs in chocolate and brown sprinkles and add eyes and a mouth so they looked like miniature hedgehogs. But with the amount of completed desserts, I just set the cream puffs out plain.)
It was a great time for all 15 guests and the mother gathered a good stock of diapers and wipes, plus several adorable gifts.
Here are the pictures and menu of what we had:

Baked Potato Bar!


Toppings: butter, cream cheese, feta cheese, sour cream, chives, chili, beans, cooked broccoli, olives, and bacon bits. A friend also brought a broccoli salad. 
 

Dessert: Dark Chocolate Hedgehog Loaf, Cream Puffs, Fresh Strawberries, and a White Chocolate Hedgehog Cake with Nutella Buttercream Frosting.


Recipe link: 
Easy Melt & Mix Hedgehog Slice 
I used Nilla Wafers, a bag of mixed nuts, and a bag of dried cranberries, cherries and white raisins/sultanas with the dark chocolate and sweetened condensed milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment