Monday, January 22, 2018

It's been awhile...

Hello again!

It's been awhile...

I haven't done much writing, in the blog or my novels, throughout this last pregnancy and recovery. Funny how "recovery" takes longer with each one. (Other mom's out there know there's nothing "funny" about that!)

Sixteen months later and I'm finally beginning to feel like myself again!

I'll kick start this post with some sugary goodness! I had the wonderful opportunity to get back into baking with a 100 cupcake order for the Freedom House fundraiser. If you don't know what Freedom House is, check it out here: http://www.freedomhouse907.com/.

The entire event was amazingly successful with God bringing in the victory! The cupcakes were half gone before dinner even started and disappeared soon after. I think next year, we'll need to make double! I say "we" because I couldn't have done it without the jolly Julia babysitting my three musketeers on baking day and magnificent Mary helping with filling, frosting, decorating and selling. (Photo credits also go to Mary! Thanks so much!)


Without further ado, I present to you...


Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake
Chocolate Crème & Reese’s

These cupcakes were the first to go! Apparently the Chocolate/Peanut Butter combination is a weakness for many, my husband especially. I started out with my basic chocolate cupcake recipe, also found on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa, and filled it with a gooey glob of peanut butter. What set it over the top was the perfectly complimenting chocolate creme frosting: 1 qt heavy whipping cream and 1 box Hershey's chocolate pudding mix. The last glorious touch was half a Reese's. So many compliments on this one, with several people saying this was the BEST cupcake they have ever had!



Lemon Cupcake
Raspberry Crème + Fresh Raspberry

The lemon cupcake with the raspberry frosting and fresh raspberry was divine! I'm still working out the kinks on the lemon cupcake; I want a little more tang and a fluffier texture. The frosting, however, made me want to get a spoon and just eat it right out of the bowl! (For sanitary reasons, I didn't of course, but I did taste test a couple cupcakes just to be sure the flavors went well together). The frosting involved a little prep ahead of time with the raspberries. I used frozen raspberries, warmed over the stove top with a splash of lemon and mashed to the consistency of a thin jam. It needs to be completely cool/refrigerated before adding 1 qt heavy Whipping Cream and 1 box Hershey's White Chocolate Pudding.



Chocolate Nutella Cupcake
Cream Cheese Frosting & Mini Chocolate Chips

The Chocolate Nutella Cupcake with Cream Cheese has been a favorite for many for awhile now so I had to include it. Once again, it did not disappoint! You can always find the recipe here but it's up to you to enjoy eating! (Excuse me while I stuff my face with one of these yummies I stashed in the fridge for later ;)




White Chocolate Cupcake
White Chocolate Crème & Blue Drizzle


These cupcakes are my FAVORITE! Although I usually lean toward chocolate everything, these give the hint of chocolate but without the overpowering sweetness. You can find the recipe for these White Chocolate Cupcakes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment