Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Adriana's Wedding Quilt!

Woah!! It's been a long time since I posted! I've been super busy but I can finally present:
Adriana's Wedding Quilt!!


This is the big surprise I've been working on since February and it's finally done (Hallelujah chorus)!! When I saw the final product, I really debated giving it as a gift or keeping it for myself, lol! 

But...I did the right thing and gave it to her. She loves it! Everything about it is her style: colors, pattern, fabric, binding, top stitching...everything says Adriana!! I hope Raul likes it too. 😋


This chevron pattern is simple (if you follow quilting rules). After buying (and washing) 1/2 a yard of each color for my chevron and 1 yard of the cream (I had to go back and buy more for the border later), I cut 7 3/4" squares. Using a handy dandy ruler thing that showed me the exact middle, I sewed the cream face down with a color piece 1/4" from the center line, in both sides of the line. (When you cut right down the line, you should have a new square piece made of two right triangles: a cream and color piece.) Then I squared them to 7 1/2" pieces. 
I pressed (not ironed!) the seams and tested out several different patterns. I was torn between Herringbone and Chevron. (Raul told me that Adriana would like the chevron, so that's what I did!)



I really liked how it turned out and would like to make one for me in the future. But for now, I am taking a break from quilting for awhile. I need to focus on completing a classroom update at church, summer fun and keeping up with my blog posts! 
 
Blog posts to look forward to:
-3 baby showers: pink, hunting and frog themes!
-delicious cake recipe I'm going to try this week!
-classroom update
-traveling with a toddler
 
Have a great week and enjoy your summer! 
To my California friends: stay cool in that awful heat!
To my Alaska friends: watch out for the mosquitoes!

1 comment: